Year 8 Innov8tion Day
With students dressed as ‘game changers’ and ‘change makers’, the inaugural Innov8tion Day was a great success. With students engaged in collaborative learning in a variety of subject areas, the day was filled with problem solving, quizzes, great curiosity and learning. Well done to all students on their participation.
The SEISA Theartresports event was held in Pakenham on Thursday. Students in both the senior and junior team performed well to win their divisions and retain the trophy. The event was run by Impro Melbourne and was another successful SEISA event. The SEISA Dance competition was also held on Thursday and we will report on this next week.
Joshua Strauss (Year 12)
Last year, Josh was awarded the RMIT University Japanese Speech Contest and last week he came third in the annual Japanese Language Speech Contest Victoria finals, held at the University of Melbourne. This is an annual event organised by the Japanese Language Speech Contest Victoria with sponsorship from the Japan Foundation, The Consulate-General of Japan in Melbourne and the University of Melbourne. Josh participated in the high school division. The judges were impressed with his intonation and topic of Chiune Sugihara, a Japanese consul who saved thousands of Jewish refugees during World War II. Congratulations, Josh.
Helping Hands Projects
It’s been a busy time for the Helping Hands Projects.
- 8 O’Reilly visited Opal Aged Care and spent time with residents, playing music and enjoying their company on Monday this week
- 11 Ray held a barbecue on Wednesday for spectators at the Year 11 versus Year 12 girls football match
- 9 Williams held a ‘Taste of the World’ food stall last Friday to help cover sponsorship costs for their World Vision sponsored child
Next week also promises to be busy.
- 9 Dolbel have continued to motivate everyone to bring in items for the Cathedral Pantry Appeal, with the last day of donations next Thursday
- 11 Dyke will hold a casual day on Wednesday next week with a gold coin donation
- 9 Smith will hold a barbecue and Zooper Dooper stall next Thursday
- 9 Richards are planning a staff versus student volleyball game on Friday.
It’s wonderful to see students so actively contributing to the community.