Stratford Pony Club Interschool Equestrian Challenge
Primary & Secondary School
Wednesday 21st February 2018
Sale Showgrounds, SALE 3850
Enquiries Phone: Kalinda Wade 0407 439 077 or Kylie Gault 0438 322 944
Entries Close: Wednesday 14th February 2018
Full Catering – All Day
Winning team – each rider of the winning team will receive a sash and rug.
Sashes for teams to 6th Place.
Individual Winner and Runner Up in each level will receive a sash and prize.
Ribbons 1-6th in each event.
Sections -Prep/1, Years 2/3, Years 4/5, Years 6/7, Years 8/9, Years 10/11/12
Event 1 - Games – Bending Race
Event 2 – Games – Mug Race
Event 3 – Showjumping – A2
Event 4 – Showjumping - Two Phase
Event 5 – Rider
Event 6 – Handler
Event 7 – Pleasure Mount
Event 8 - Pony under 12 hands
Event 9 – Pony 12 hands and under 13 hands
Event 10 – Pony 13 hands and under 14 hands
Event 11 – Galloway 14 hands and under 15 hands
Event 12 – Hack 15 hands and over
Event 13 – Horse or Pony any height for led riders only
Event 14 – Obstacle Course
Event 15 – Fancy Dress
All entrants compete in 6 events.
*Events 1&2 will be run against the clock, participants can have up to 2 turns at each event with the best time used. The riders best time will be used in team scores but placings will be awarded to sixth for all individual games. Competitors will compete in Year levels.
*Events 3 & 4 will be run at PCV showjumping heights. Competitors will compete at PCV graded level. Copies of PC Cards must be submitted with entry forms. PC E & F grade will be run nearest to time. Beginner cross rails will be held for those not graded.
*Event 5 & 6 will be at judge’s discretion with final competitors to complete a work out.
*Event 7 may include some obstacles, jump etc. and will be run at the judge’s discretion.
*Event 8-13 will be at judge’s discretion with final competitors to complete a workout.
*Event 14 will be a timed course with set activities
*Event 15 Fancy Dress – must wear helmet and boots
All participants are required to walk the course and if not competent to cope with the specification and conditions, withdraw from the competition.
Points will be allocated as follows; 1st 6 points, 2nd 5 points, 3rd 4 points, 4th 3 points, 5th 2 points and 6th 1 point.
All Riders are to be in school uniform with light coloured jodhpurs, boots and helmets as per PCV rules.
All teams members must present for a compulsory gear check.
Entrants compete as individuals and if not entered in a team of 4, will be placed in a composite team by the organising committee.
Every entry must include a nominated helper. The nominated helper must perform designated duty or corresponding entry team or individuals may be eliminated. One helper must be provided per team or per entry if entering individually.
Team Managers are responsible for their own team members and are the point of contact for any enquires.
Copies of PCV cards and day attendance forms/payments for non PCV members must be sent with entry form.
One entry form per rider with team listed.
Conditions of Entry
Entry is conditional upon acceptance of these conditions:
- Entry Fee is $40 per entry (plus day attendance fee if required) or $160 per team.
- No refunds after closing date except with vet or medical certificate. An admin fee of $20 will be deducted.
- Entering this competition constitutes acknowledgement that PCV rules apply and acceptance of these rules.
- The organising committee reserves the right to cancel any class or competition; divide any class; alter times; refuse any entry with or without stating the reason.
- All riders must wear complying helmets. Spot checks to ensure compliance may occur.
- Armbands are required to be worn by all competitors (including non-pony club).
- Queries, protests, horse abuse as per the PCV Handbook of By-Laws.
- Dogs are prohibited without exception. Elimination may occur.
- No stallions, colts or rigs.
- Competitor numbers - the organising committee will supply numbers to dressage riders.
- PCV Alcohol Policy applies.
- Neither the organising committee of this competition nor the PCV accepts any responsibility whatsoever for any accident, damage, injury or illness to horses, riders, ground spectators or any other person or property.
- PCV Insurance policy specifically states anyone not following PCV rules may be left uninsured.